I know it’s been a bit since I posted here again, but I’ll try to make up for it here. I’ve been keeping busy at work, at home, and out railfanning. I’ve also been keeping up on the model railroad side, as I’m slowly converting all of my equipment to Sergent couplers, and still sketching track plan ideas. I did have an issue with the setup of the room (the location of the door needs to change), but that’s a subject for another post. This will be a basic photo post from here on!
I had to swap the decoder in this loco recently, as the factory QSI gave up the ghost on me. I installed a TCS WowSound decoder, with KeepAlive and man, is it a nice decoder. The sound is head and shoulders above the factory decoder, and the motor control is excellent. I don’t know for sure if it’s related, but the engine seems to pull more now as well. This train weighed in at 60.5 oz of trailing weight, and while the Mikado was just barely able to get it over the 2+% grade into Bain, that’s fully 8 oz more trailing weight than it was able to do before.
I didn’t do any switching on this day, just had fun running my train over the layout. I have another set of cars (plus one of my Decapods) converted, but those will be getting tested tomorrow. For now, enjoy the chase of the grain train over the SAMRC layout. I tried to get a few wider shots today so you can see the overall layout too, not just the train!
Hope you enjoyed the chase!